Services for Older People
March 8 at 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
SCDC has organised the next South East parish patch meeting, looking at ‘services for older people’. It will be an opportunity to find out about some of the services already in place locally, and for them to showcase what they do. We will be looking at the kinds of services and ideas you might like to see replicated in your local area, how to make this happen and hopefully giving information about setting up, funding, training and support. There will be time allocated to networking, stalls and case studies to take away on the day.
Confirmed speakers and attendees include:
- Age UK Cambridgeshire and Peterborough – warden schemes, visiting schemes and handypersons scheme
- Care Network Cambridgeshire – car schemes, navigators and care schemes
- Jean Newman, Older People’s Co-ordinator for Histon & Impington – her role and funding model
- Joy Bray, Parish Councillor for Great Wilbraham – mental health first aid training
- Helen Stepney / Jane Lampshire – activities for older people and Active & Healthy for Life GP referral scheme
- Cambridgeshire County Council – a range of topics including Good Neighbour Schemes, scams and rogue trader prevention, time-banking
- Cambridgeshire Community Foundation – funding opportunities
- Cambridge CVS – support with setting up and running groups, funding, training and governance
If you, your parish councillors or members of your community with a keen interest would like to come, please let me know as soon as possible. Refreshments will be available on the night.
Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing you there.
Kind regards and best wishes for the new year.
My working days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Kathryn Hawkes | Development Officer
South Cambridgeshire Hall | Cambourne Business Park | Cambourne | Cambridge | CB23 6EA
t: 01954 712932 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org