Since 1 April 2019, residents have to pay a small annual fee to have their additional green bin(s) collected.
- In case of any delays with dispatch, we will continue to empty bin without a permit until the end of the April. Crews leave a card advising residents about the policy change and to prompt them to pay.
- Anyone who now orders an additional green bin is automatically asked to pay for the permit at the time of ordering.
- Bins and permit can up to 14 days to arrive.
- After the 30th April, we will not empty additional bin unless it has a permit displayed.
Every household in South Cambridgeshire is entitled to one green bin for food and garden waste, which we collect fortnightly from March to November and monthly from December to February.
You can pay to have up to a further three green bins, which we’ll empty along with your first green bin. The fees for extra green bins are:
- £20 from 1 April 2019 to 30 September 2019 for each additional bin
- £35 from 1 October 2019 for each additional bin
You may subscribe and pay for permits at any time but we will charge the full amount. There are no discounts or concessions.
You will receive a reminder in September asking if you wish to remain in the scheme and pay for the next year. If you renew in September, the charge for a full year is £35 per additional bin.