I am really pleased to be able to tell you that the Society’s first book is now available. We have arranged for “The Hundred Parishes: An Introduction” to be stocked at the places listed below.
We do hope you will be unable to resist investing £25 in this quality publication – to enjoy now and then refer to regularly over the coming years.
The hardback book comprises over 400 pages, with an extensive index, and includes almost a thousand photos. It is available now from the following:
- Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre, Market Square, CB10 1HR
- Bishop’s Stortford Tourist Information Centre, Market Square, CM24 3UU.
- Between the Lines bookshop, Great Bardfield, CM7 4SR (opposite The Vine)
- Thaxted Tourist Information Centre, Town Street, CM6 2LD (Mon 9-12:30, Tue 2-5, Wed closed, Thur 2-5, Fri 9-4, Sat 9:30-4, Sun 1:30–4)
- SSE Office, Molehill Green, Takeley (Mondays only) (01279 870558)
- From me at 2 Greenfields, Stansted Mountfitchet, CM24 8AH (phone first: 01279 813226)
Two Uttlesford consultations
If you can put the book to one side for a while, you may wish to respond to two consultations by Uttlesford District Council.
The first is a Draft Heritage List. The proposal is to give local listing status to assets that have not, at least yet, been afforded national listing status. Such assets would be recognized as being significant to the character of the area, thereby gaining some degree of planning protection. The consultation closes on July 4 and details can be viewed at www.uttlesford.gov.uk/
The second consultation, launched today, offers a final opportunity to comment on the draft Local Plan for Uttlesford District. This consultation ends on August 13 and can be viewed at:
Don’t forget to check the What’s On page of our website www.hundredparishes.
org.uk. At this time of the year there are many outdoor activities.
Ken McDonald, Secretary
The Hundred Parishes Society