- The core budget increases by 5.2% to cover, not only inflation, but also for the benefit of the aesthetics of Duxford. Specifically:
- Increased maintenance of our cemetery;
- Extra grass cutting;
- The replacement of benches and new bins;
- The addition of a bench in the Rectory Road bus shelter;
- A new handyman contract.
- Following the referendum on a Village Hall when the preferred option was that it be funded by an increase in tax, we have established a budget of £10,000 to help fund the fees we expect to incur as we develop the project.
Overall, the increase of just under £16 per year for a Band D property is in line with the referendum literature, which allowed for a possible increase of £20 per year.
Mrs Joanne Depradines-Smith, Clerk to Duxford Parish Council